Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My First Shiatsu Experience.

According to Wikipedia, Shiatsu is Japanese for "finger pressure;" it is a type of alternative medicine consisting of finger and palm pressure, stretches, and other massage techniques. OLM has a fairly new wellness program that they are promoting which offers free sessions of Shiatsu on Wednesdays and Thursdays. You can sign up for a fifteen minute time slot at any time thoughout the day and then go in for the massage.

Last week Amanda, Brittany, and I decided to sign up for appointments just to see what all the hype was about. My appointment was today at 11:15, so off I went. Let me tell you, I was really freakin' nervous. Other teachers told us about how he cracked their neck and apparently that really freaked me out. As soon as I walked in I told him that I absolutely did not want my neck cracked.

The massage was pretty relaxing, but I think that I'm just too ticklish to actually enjoy a massage. I laughed the entire time. ENTIRE. And my body was tense because I was trying not to laugh. I don't know if I'll be doing shiatsu again, but at least I've experienced it. I'd rather have a life of "oh well's" than a life of "what if's", right?

No comments:

Post a Comment