Sunday, September 9, 2012

Myth Confirmed: Honduras Edition.

 

You know the myth that all students buy into. The one that teachers live at their school and never leave and definitely never go to the grocery store. Well, here at Siguatepeque Bilingual Christian School we prove that myth to be 100% true.

 
We live and work all on the exact same complex. From my front door to my classroom door, it's about 50 steps. This is not an exaggeration, this is real life.


It's kind of nice because I don't have to factor any time for a commute into my morning routine. It's kind of nice because I can come home during my prep periods and lunch to relax. It's kind of not nice because we rarely leave our home/work complex.

In any case, the myth has been confirmed. Teachers do, in fact, live at school.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is crazy. I live in an apartment building provided by the school and they also provide a bus to take us to school every morning. We get picked up at 6:45 and spend 45 minutes on the bus, picking up the other teachers, to get to school. As the school year progresses I'm sure I'll be using that time to grade/lesson plan/prepare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The close proximity to the school definitely paid off! Provided lots of time for me to hang out with students and build some great relationships. And work on all those lesson plans!

      Delete