Monday, September 24, 2012

Life is Different At The Beach.

Life is different at the beach. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun.
 
 
A long week in Siguatepeque? No thanks, we'd rather be in Tela. So that's exactly what we did. Jamie, Katharine, Erika, and I went to the parade on Saturday morning along with every other person in Siguatepeque, thought about joining a marching band, cheered on Sarah, and ate soem delicious banana bread courtesy of Celebration church.
 
Sometime in the afernoon Katharine picked us up and we began the three hour trek to Tela. Approximately 2.5 of the 3 hours were spent BELTING out Disney songs. All five of us. At the top of our lungs. I can honestly say that a year ago I didn't think that I'd be driving through the mountains of Honduras singing some wonderful Disney tunes. But here I am. And I kind of love it.
 
 
We arrived in Tela and went straight to the pool. An infinity pool looking over the Gulf of Mexico? Good luck getting me back to school. The next morning we woke up, had breakfast, and went straight to the beach. Pretty rough life, if you ask me. Beach, breakfast, beach, lunch, beach, dinner. And repeat. Yes. Please.
 
 
It was nice to get away. To rejuvenate, to relax. Tela, we will be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment