Saturday, March 17, 2012

"All Of You Would Get Kicked Out Of A Yoga Class."

Yoga as desrcibed by a six year old. "I know what yoga is! It's where you sit criss-cross like this and put your fingers in an okay sign like this, close your eyes and go 'hummm.'"


I did a lesson earlier this week on muscles. All right, they help us move, they protect our bones. First graders don't want to hear that. So we did a little yoga. If I have to miss every single yoga class at the Rec Center this semester, then you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm incorportating it into my lessons.

I wish that I could have videotaped and posted these kiddos doing yoga. Tree, Child's, Cobra, Chain, Eagle-- these poor kids thought that I was taking them to hell and back. Just wait until I have them do King Dancer.

Anyways, the hardest part about yoga wasn't even the poses. These kids could not, or would not, stop talking. It was fine for this lesson, but I told them that they would get kicked out of any yoga class that they ever go to because not all yoga instructors are as nice as me.

Unfortunately, I could only post pictures where you couldn't see the students faces, so you can only take a look at them doing a little pre-yoga stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment