Monday, October 20, 2014

You Don't Understand What I'm Doing Now...

...but someday you will.


In around November of 2013, I began thinking of where life would take me for the 2014-2015 school year. Would I be staying in Honduras? Would I be returning to the States? If I was to go back to the States, where would I go? For the briefest of seconds, I considered staying abroad, but going somewhere other than Honduras. And when I say that I considered it, I considered it about as seriously as I consider how good of a movie star I would make. Which isn't that seriously.

Throughout my search, I was presented with the opportunity to return to OLM in Brazil. In the midst of a particularly awful bout of homesickness, I brushed it off. My mind was made up, I was going back to the States.

Ha. Guess where I'm not going to be teaching during the 2014-2015 school year.

You're right. The States.

Guess where I will be teaching during the 2014-2015 school year.

Right again. Brazil.

I officially accepted the job in March and have been steadily working on obtaining my visa ever since. I've chatted with the Honduran embassy, I've been in constant contact with the US embassy (which included receiving an email addressed 'madam'!), and I'm positively chummy with the Brazilian embassy.

It was such a LONG, exhausting process and I actually thought that I would never make it to Brazil. I cannot tell you how many tears were cried throughout the entire process. But throughout the entire thing, despite all of the stress, I felt at peace knowing that it was what God wanted for my life. I knew that despite all of the road blocks, He was sending me to Rio de Janeiro.

So here I am. Living and working in Rio de Janeiro. Finally. And, truth be told, I still don't understand what God is doing with my life. I don't know why He wants me here when I so desperately want to be in Honduras.

But one day I will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment