Friday, January 27, 2012

Ready Or Not.

"But I could be having a ton of fun-- I could be laughing with my kiddos, or hang gliding off a mountain, or visiting the Christ Statue, and I'll still miss you. "

I have experienced every possible emotion within the past three or four days. One second I'm over the top excited, but then the next second I'm on the verge of tears. Today is the day though, ready or not, here I come.

Alpha Delta Pi has senior retreat every spring semester, basically to just celebrate the seniors and everything they bring to the table. They hand out their wills, we have a violet circle, and each senior receives letters from people who are important in her life. After last senior retreat, Karen and I went back to our little Clayton 806 and made lists of people who we wanted letters from. That way, when this year's senior retreat rolled around, we'd know we were getting letters from all the right people. Obviously, neither one of us will be attending senior retreat this year, but we still wanted those letters, darn it. So towards the end of last semester, we began contacting the people on each other's lists. We then swapped letters right before Karen left and now we both have a hefty stack of letters to read while we are far from home and homesick. Holy cow, talk about feeling the love! It is so hard for me to not open each and every one of these letters right now. I am so blessed to have so many incredible people in my life. I cannot express what it means to me to know that so many people took time out of their busy lives to write these letters.

Love letters from home.
 I'm so blessed to have all these wonderful people in my life, but that makes it that much harder to leave them all behind.

I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm happy, I'm blessed, I'm terrified. See? An emotional roller coaster. It's only the beginning, but I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty good ride.

All set for Rio-- Cool-Aid too!

No comments:

Post a Comment