Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Decision.

Not to mirror Lebron in the heat of the NBA Finals (see what I did there?), but I have to say, I'm taking my talents to Honduras.

Yes, it's true. As of yesterday,  I am the 1st and 2nd grade English teacher at Siguatepeque Bilingual Christian School in Siguatepeque, Honduras. I am incredibly excited and blessed to be given this opportunity and cannot wait to get started! That isn't to say that I'm not nervous because I really don't feel old enough to be a teacher!!

As far as the logistics go, I'm employed on a year to year basis. So next summer I can decide that I want to stay for longer and, assuming that the school likes me, I can sign up for another year. If not, I'll be in Honduras until June. I leave the States on August 10 and school begins at the end of August. I will be in Honduras from August- mid December. I'll be able to spend Christmas and New Years at home and will the return to Honduras at the beginning of January. After that, I'll be home in June to enjoy the summer with my family and friends.

And when I get to Siguatepeque, I have this little gem waiting to see me.


Miss Vilma, I'm coming for you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment